Why should I feed colostrum to my pet?
Bovine colostrum is beneficial as a health supplement for cats and dogs of all ages. It promotes a healthy immune system, digestion and oral cavity in companion animals of all ages!
Quite simply, colostrum provides a range of natural growth and immune factors that achieve a healthy immune system at any age, promote healthy digestion, and support the health of the oral cavity.
The factors found in colostrum work in synergy to optimize immune support, the health of the gastrointestinal tract, oral cavity, musculoskeletal system, and skin and hair coat health. Palatability studies have also shown that the majority of pets enjoy the flavor of colostrum. It tastes great!
Colostrum is the only natural source that provides this concentrated combination of health supporting molecules in one package.
Puppies & kittens
Research has shown that as your pet ages, the body gradually produces less of the immune and growth factors that help them maintain and support health.
Aging & senior pets
Colostrum helps to maintain normal body function and a state of health. It also provides a form of additional energy.
Working & performance pets
Colostrum delivers a source of key factors that work to support natural stamina, endurance and normal recovery.
Bovine colostrum is a fantastic daily health supplement for companion animals, such as dogs and cats, of all ages.
Colostrum contains more than 50 beneficial components to benefit dogs and cats of all ages!
In addition to the immunoglobulins there are other substances in colostrum that support normal immune function and promote growth and maturation of cell types. Collectively they have been termed “Immune Factors” and “Growth Factors”, and their function is to complement the various activities associated with immune response and support the body’s normal growth and development. The Immune Factors include:
- Lactoferrin which acts as an antioxidant by binding iron generated by oxidative stress.
- Lactalbumin which supports the metabolic activity of immune system cells and activates the production of important immune molecules such as interleukin-1
- Lactoperoxidase which supports normal bacterial populations within the body.
- Lysozyme which causes hydrolysis of the bacterial cell walls.
Growth factors are very small bio-active molecules which promote growth and maturation of various cell types and tissues. They are found in very high concentrations in colostrum. They not only contribute to normal growth and development but also support the body’s normal repair process of aged or injured tissue. These growth factors include:
- IGF-1 which, as part of the growth hormone pathway, promotes healthy cell replacement and tissue growth.
- EGF which promotes normal restitution of the gastrointestinal tract, supports healthy hair coat, and optimizes normal absorption from the intestines.