Natural bovine colostrum
Delivering high immunity
Natural Bovine Colostrum
- Made from only bovine colostrum. Simply colostrum. No blood, whey, egg or other ingredients not naturally found in maternal colostrum.
- High in growth and antimicrobial factors; contains naturally high levels of IGF-1, EGF, lactoferrin, trypsin inhibitor and other colostral factors.
- IgG molecules are readily absorbed for maximum immune protection.
- > 85% IgG1 – The antibody most effective in protecting calves against diarrhea and pneumonia.
- Broad spectrum of antibodies with demonstrated efficacy in 3 continents.
High in Colostral Fat
- An important energy source required by calves immediately after birth.
Safe and Effective
- Free of pathogens that cause the following diseases: Tuberculosis, Brucellosis, Leucosis, Paratuberculosis (causing Johne’s disease), Salmonellosis, E. coli infection, others.
- USDA Veterinary Biologics licensed for use as a total replacement for maternal colostrum in calves as an aid in the treatment of failure of passive transfer.
- Each serial is tested in calves for safety and efficacy.
- Easily mixes in under 15 seconds!
- 3-year shelf life.
- Calf’s Choice Total® Gold has a high % IgG and is intended for calves needing extra immunity.
- Gold is a natural bovine colostrum powder that is rich in colostral fat, a critical early source of energy for newborn calves.
- Gold may be used to supplement or completely replace maternal colostrum.
- Gold is an excellent source of IgG (over 85% in the form of IgG1), growth factors, and nutrients needed to improve calf survival, health, growth, and long term performance. Gold is not a manufactured formula based on blood serum, whey, eggs, vegetable fats or other ingredients not naturally found in colostrum.
- The Dairy Calf and Heifer Association recommends feeding “colostrum equaling 10% of body weight [about 4 quarts for most Holstein calves] in the first 2 hours of life with target serum IgG of >10 mg/mL and total protein of >5.2 g/dL.”
- In a calf-feeding study filed with the Center for Veterinary Biologics of the USDA, calves fed 3 bags of Calf’s Choice Total® Gold achieved average serum IgG levels of 17.2 mg/mL and average serum total protein levels of 5.4 g/dL. These levels were achieved when completely replacing maternal colostrum with Calf’s Choice Total® Gold.
- To achieve a replacement dose, feed a minimum of 180g IgG as newer industry standards suggest 150-200g IgG for optimal calf performance. If supplementing, feed a minimum of 60-120 g IgG in addition to sufficient maternal colostrum to target a similar overall mass of IgG.